At this time of year when we take pause to think about the things we are thankful for, at Zuma’s thoughts go to being thankful for all of our sponsors, volunteers, board members, therapists, and of course all of our saved equine therapy partners. Truly these are the members of the Zuma’s Crew, members without which Zuma’s would not be able to provide the therapy for the at risk youth or save the horses at risk of going to slaughter.
Our 2009 Sponsors and Volunteers
Colorado Fence Builders Association Michale Blake-Author Dances with Wolves
Individual Contributors- Too many to list
C. Hermes Fishback Trust
Volunteers- Averaging 40 hours per week of assistance
Our Equine Therapy Partners- giving to and trusting humans again
Here is a Thanksgiving Staple:
- 2 (9 inch) pie shell
- 4 eggs
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Beat eggs lightly in a medium bowl. Add pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt. Blend thoroughly, then beat in milk. Pour into pastry-lined pie plates.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until set. Chill before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 225 | Total Fat: 6.8g | Cholesterol: 53mg